View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0018201||MediaMonkey 5||Playback||public||2021-08-15 23:41||2022-09-14 14:39|
|Summary||0018201: Bookmarks: Handling of Multiple bookmark/s|
|Description||Bug 0018182 covers overall handling of bookmarking feature in MM in order to make it available for broader number of tracks based on track metadata.|
Another missing thing is ability to handle, show and manually ass single/multiple bookmarks in track and easy access them, which was teh reason why user at https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=99771 raised the request.
As talked with @drakinite offline it should be possible to archive thru addon and thru MM API.
Things that needs to be done in order to make it work are:
1. API calls:
- Access to Wavebar object and add single/multiple overlay lines where user bookmarks will be visually presented (eg. like Red Line over wavebar)
- Ability to access context menu of WaveBar and add few options eg. "Add bookmark", "Play next/prev bookmark", "Delete bookmark", "Clear track Bookmarks"
2. DB changes:
- Add custom Table in DB linked to Songs table (Songs ID) with structure that allows multiple Time unique stamps can be entered for same SONGID
- Add triggers so that if user deletes track from MM library its ID is also deleted from custom Table (eg. like if you delete track from library it is auto deleted from all playlists)
3. MM UI:
- Adding custom item to WaveBar/Seekbar context menu
- Adding Hotkey actions "Bookmark: Add Track bookmark at playing position", "Bookmark: Play next/prev Track bookmark"
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build|
|related to||0005924||new||Ludek||Framework: CUEPoint Support|
|related to||0018182||feedback||peke||Bookmarks: Improving bookmarks handling|
|related to||0018184||feedback||rusty||Playback: Save bookmarking info even for tracks that do not have bookmarking enabled|
|related to||0017937||closed||rusty||Now Playling: Podcast Playback progress is shown only on Stop Event when Played is updated|
This would require many changes:
- UI that allows the user to insert a bookmarks (and possibly labels) at different points in a track timeline
- UI to represent the bookmarks within the seekbar
- change in seekbar behavior to click-to the bookmarks
This doesn't seems like something that could be handled as an addon as it involves fundamental changes in various portions of the MM UI.