View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0019435||MMW 5||Tagging / organizing (properties / auto-tools)||public||2022-10-06 18:03||2023-05-14 16:57|
|Target Version||5.1||Fixed in Version||5.1|
|Summary||0019435: Improve error handling for Artwork lookup failures|
|Description||As previously raised in 0019418, currently when Artwork lookup fails there is no feedback to the user that the process isn't working. It leads to users endlessly waiting for a process that has failed.|
1) Including a progress indicator would help users understand how long the lookup process will still take.
2) When Artwork lookup fails:
a) If MM is aware of failure (unexpected response), indicate via Toast that lookup failed
b) If MM isn't aware, set a timeout for Artwork lookup, indicate via Toast that lookup failed
3) When user enters a new search term, allow user to start Search (currently disabled till search finishes)
a) Enable Search button when user changes search query
b) Auto-start search when user changes search query
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build||2800|
1) we cannot predict how long the lookup will take, it depends on how quickly Google/Bing return the results. That is why we have progress circle there.
2) when lookup fails, we simply do not show results and hide progress circle. I think it is clear and no additional toast is needed. Problem with infinitive progress was not intended, it was bug and should be ok already from last 5.0.4 builds.
3) I do not think we should start search automatically, it would cause searching too soon with incomplete search phrase. User simply write search phrase and press Enter, it is OK I think.
So I think the only thing to implement is to add ability to cancel running search in case user changes search phrase. Even though in most cases it is quite hard to make it, user has to have quite slow Internet connection for this.
||Fixed in build 2800. Change in search term now automatically cancels previous search, next search can be started by pressing Enter or Search button.|
Search is canceled and new started on Enter/Search clik