View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0017949||MediaMonkey 5||Help / Docs / Localization||public||2021-05-30 03:56||2021-06-04 21:30|
|Target Version||5.1||Fixed in Version||5.0.1|
|Summary||0017949: Strings for accessibility improvements|
|Description||1) Are there any translated strings similar to "Dropdown"? I need to make an aria-label for screen readers for these icons which is localized. I set them to "Dropdown" because that makes the most sense, but it looks like that word isn't translated.|
2) I also need one similar to "Expand", i.e. opposite of Collapse. Does Restore work? On Weblate, the entry for Restore doesn't have any context, so I'm not sure if it works. I think the context is usually in reference to restoring the window that's been minimized, not expanding a tree.
3) I might need new strings... "Show/hide left sidebar" and "Show/hide right sidebar". We may want to also put those as a tooltip for those show/hide sidebar buttons as well, to make the icons' purposes more clear. Rusty, thoughts?
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build||2412|
Here are possibilities without modifying strings:
1) We can use either:
Show all subnodes
2) Best option for now is:
'Expand' would be better, but translations are done for 5.0.1.
3) Toggle, Show / Hide , Right panel / Left panel strings exist, so perhaps:
Toggle: Right panel
Toggle: Left panel
Show: Left panel
Show: Right panel
Hide: Right panel
Hide: Left panel
1) I can use "sub-nodes" for the time being, but I think that "Dropdown" should be added in the future, as there are many elements that would
2) Same for #1: I can use "Show all" for the time being, but "Expand" probably should be added in the future for the same reason.
3) Will set it to the latter option (Show: and Hide:).
||Strings have been updated as previously suggested. Setting target to 5.1, for evaluation of the new strings "Dropdown" and "Expand".|