View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0010472||MMW v4||Synchronization||public||2013-02-02 18:18||2021-05-17 09:31|
|Target Version||4.1||Fixed in Version||4.1|
|Summary||0010472: Auto-Conversion fills drive|
|Description||When syncing with Auto-Conversion MediaMonkey will fill up the drive completely where the temp folder is located. This is a serious issue as the location can't be changed 0009423 and the drive is the main Windows drive.|
|Steps To Reproduce||- Issue may be caused by failure to send converted files to device (sync failure, it seems MediaMonkey should realize device sync is failing and halt sync or ask user what to do).|
- Issue may be because converted files aren't deleted as soon as they have been send to device (perhaps they're deleted at end of sync).
- Issue seems to be increased by forced shutdowns during sync leaving converted files in temp folder (maybe MediaMonkey should also clear it on start of MediaMonkey).
- MediaMonkey should be aware the drive is out of space and prompt user.
- MediaMonkey should leave empty space on drive at all times (prompt user if insufficient temp space is available).
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build||1625|
|related to||0011278||closed||Ludek||MMW v4||Wifi Sync: Possible out of space issue when conversion is faster than copying|
|related to||0013498||closed||Ludek||MMW 5||Device sync: Our reservation isn't always enough when auto-conversion is faster than copying|
|related to||0012440||closed||Ludek||MMW v4||No feedback to user that temp drive has insufficient free space|
I agree that we should prompt once disk space is not available (as we do in case of DLNA or Burn auto-conversions).
Converted files _are_ deleted as soon as they are successfully copied to device.
The only issue I can imagine is that MM crashes completelly during auto-conversion.
It happened to me once while all my 8 CPU cores had been converting files and my laptop was overheated by this. I had to lower auto-conversion to 4 CPUs at max.
You seem to be true that MM should cover such a situations and clean up auto-converted files on next sync.
Fixed in build 1625.
- the temporary directory is cleared on each MM start (e.g. when PC crashed by overheating - converting files on 8 CPUs at once)
- if there is not enough space to convert the files then error message is shown and asks user to clear space in the temp directory (like in case of burning or sharing)