View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006324||MMW v4||Synchronization||public||2010-04-09 13:39||2011-07-14 23:03|
|Target Version||4.0||Fixed in Version||4.0|
|Summary||0006324: Some devices don't show after connection in MM|
|Description||Devices that defer connection of SD card as a mass storage device aren't notified by MM, until MM is restarted. Namely, this happens with Blackberry devices and with Google Nexus One phone. This happens on Windows 7 and Vista, but not on XP. The problem isn't caused by MM, the same issue happens to WMP - i.e. it's apparent that it's a problem down in WMDM/WPD layers.|
The exact problem happens as follows:
1. MM (or WMP) is started.
2. A device is connected.
3. It creates a drive letter, but the drive isn't fully working yet (read error).
4. Later, the drive is fully mounted, Windows shows its auto-start dialog, the drive becomes readable, but the change isn't noticed by WMDM and the device still isn't listed in its internal list of devices.
1. Restart WMDM internally in d_WMDM plug-in. However, there are many potential problems.
2. Use normal filesystem routines for mass storage devices in d_WMDM plug-in. However, it means quite a lot of work, changes and duplicities. It would hopefully all work fine then?
3. MS fixes the problem. This would certainly be the best, but probably won't occur.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build||1368|
Fixed in build 1334.
- Fixed using method 1., it seems to be implemented properly and without and negative side effects.
||Re-opened, because in recent builds the problem occurs for me, if I connect My ZEN (when MM is running) it shows the device for a second in Media Tree and then immediatelly disappers.|
6324.LOG (60,599 bytes)
||Fixed in build 1368.|
||Discussed with Jiri over IM and the fix is revised by him for regressions.|
||No new reports after fix|