View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0018395||MediaMonkey 5||Other||public||2021-10-07 09:55||2021-10-21 18:16|
|Summary||0018395: Optimize shared lists access|
|Description||Per IM discussion re performance issues while traversing large SharedLists:|
1. Review current Fast access implementation (list.getFastObject), whether there isn't any bug.
2. Direct access to a List content (or subset of its properties). This will always be faster than 1. We could evaluate both custom Delphi code creating the JS values, or the JSON route. I suppose that the former would be faster.
i.e. introducing list.getAllValues( property) that would return JS array of the property for all list items
3. Review WebWorkers usage. When we did in the past, it wasn't easily possible to use them through CEF from Delphi, but I suppose that the situation might have changed since and their usage could get some load off the main JS thread.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build|
Petr, please have a look at 1&3.
2. can be implemented by anyone, in cooperation with Jordan.
2) is implemented in 2509 (SVN revision 38714)
||2) Verified 2510|
||1) i've made some tests and getFastObject method in regular build is more than 50% faster (accessing 9k tracks took 2.2secs in debug, and 0.9sec in regular).|