View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0018203||MediaMonkey 5||Track Browser||public||2021-08-16 22:13||2021-10-13 21:31|
|Target Version||5.0.2||Fixed in Version||5.0.2|
|Summary||0018203: Online Track Browser: Improved track loading|
|Description||When browsing online Artist tracks it is often hard to pinpoint/find specific track.|
1. When using online Track Browser, showing all Artist tracks appear frozen during collecting online info. I would suggest that track list is shown in Batches as they are received, not waiting till all are collected.
2. In case of Online Artist page I would prefer that All tracks are by default sorted by title instead of received order
2a. Show more from Youtube eg. tracks (unclassified) also use strange sort (title is 5th subsort) Instead of simpler one
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Search MM library for artist "Shaggy"|
2. Open Artist page
3. Switch to online tab
4. Select Show all tracks instead top tracks
5. Loading All tracks show and there is no progress/working circle beside Loading info and it takes time to show tracks
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build||2501|
Fixed in build 2501. Added progress wheel, but tracklist is not read in batches, it is received at once, the most time consuming is only waiting for server response.
Default sorting of all online tracks changed to title. Youtube tracks are sorted by relevance, as received from Youtube, fixed displaying wrong sort indicators.
Verified that a progress indicator is shown on 2502:
1) In Info Panel
2) In Statusbar
3) Activity indicator on Toolbar
but progress indicator in Info panel shows 'Getting tracks' instead of 'Getting files'
||lowlander: why change wording? User presses "Show all tracks", then we fetch info about these tracks, so displaying "Getting tracks" makes sense for me, this string is long time there.|
||We're dealing with video files instead of music tracks in this scenario. So using files instead of tracks is more accurate in this context.|
I can't seem to see the progress indicator, but if I'm understanding correctly, we're talking about YT in which case, MM isn't actually getting the files. It's getting the list of tracks. So the current wording is preferable (since 'files' is more concrete than 'tracks').
Nonetheless, I agree that we could do better.
Questions for Michal:
- Is this string used elsewhere (for some reason I can't find the string in weblate--I only found 'Getting' and 'Getting data')?
- If 'Getting' is being combined with 'tracks', then maybe we should switch it to 'Getting+media' or 'Getting+streams' ?
If you prefer to defer this, then close this issue and we'll open a new one to track the remaining item (it's really a separate issue).
lowlander: we fetch info about artist tracks from MusicBrainz DB, not video, info about Youtube music video is not contained in the response, it it searched later on demand.
- we use separate word "Getting" concatenated with several possible strings (all used in progress text) - "album image", "series image", "artist info", "image", "tracks" and "Series".
- but it is progress text when fetching info about artist tracks, from Tracks table in MusicBrainz DB, tracks is in fact exact word, used also by MusicBrainz.
||So we could use 'track info' (it would be a more apt description). But I don't thing it's really necessary/worth another string.|