View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0017772||MediaMonkey 5||Main Panel||public||2021-04-19 22:29||2021-04-21 10:53|
|Target Version||5.0.1||Fixed in Version||5.0|
|Summary||0017772: Significant memory leak while browsing content|
|Description||During today's inspecting of memory allocations of MM5 found significant memory leak while browsing content.|
Steps to replicate:
1) expand Music node
2) click Music > All tracks and wait for tracks to be loaded
3) click Playing node
repeat the steps 2&3 repeatedly
=> memory is still growing
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build||2338|
Fixed in 18.104.22.1680 and merged to 22.214.171.1248 (as it is low risk fix of a significant mem leak)
Tested build 2338 and I'm not sure if it's completely fixed: initial memory utilization of 235MB grows to 320MB after switching through the following cycle 50 times:
Playing [List] --> Music [Browser] --> Music>All Tracks [List] --->...
EDIT: removing the middle step of switching to the Music [Browser] node eliminates the increase in memory utilization, so this is probably related to caching of artwork?
ok, moving target 5.0.1 to continue inspecting possible leaks further...
Test note: There is a cache that the last three views are cached (including its data sources) for 1 minute and the last view is always cached. So in the tests the mem usually decreases after 1 minute (once the cache for the three views is cleared)
Otherwise in your test case including Music [Browser] started at 225 MB and was able to go over 270 MB once upon a time, but one minute later it decreased to 227 MB.
Though the new debug strings re allocated objects (that I added for 126.96.36.1990) shown that album object is leaking, so there are still probably some leaks, but the one fixed for 5.0.0 was huge.
Let's continue with inspecting the smaller leaks for 5.0.1...
Confirming Leak fix in 2238
To test I used Scanning into library around 80k of tracks AA Lookupenable and view was in Browser+grid Sorted descending so that Z is last one and view constantly refreshes. Start was 230MB left it for 6h to scan and cache artworks.
This morning mem utilization was around 280MB but it is normal due the AA caching.