View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0016478||MediaMonkey 5||Now Playing||public||2020-04-01 15:06||2020-04-17 19:47|
|Target Version||5.0.1||Fixed in Version||5.0|
|Summary||0016478: MiniPlayer: Visual tweaks|
|Description||There are a couple of minor issues with the mini-player that can be improved (note: I've only tested this with the Material Dark skin):|
1) When the Now Playing list is disabled, the bottom right/left corners aren't transparent.
2) The 'Now Playing' icon should be changed to a 'list' icon
3) The metadata in the Player isn't left-aligned with the Stars/Seekbar
4) When the Artists & Title of a track is long, there's no way to see the full metadata + time remaining because:
a) they're all displayed on a single row
b) the width of the miniplayer can't be adjusted
I'm not sure of what the easiest way to resolve this is, but some possibilities:
a)i) Use a slightly smaller font
ii) place the time indicator to the right & left of the seekbar in a tiny font
iii) truncate the Artist(s) list (show only the first Artist + '...') so that the Title isn't obscured as much e.g.
Hannah Trigwell; Ebony Day - Hold on We're Going Home [Drake]
Hannah Trigwell...; Hold on We're Going Home [Drake]
iv) Use a two-line approach for the metadata e.g.
Title . . . . . . . (<time>)
b) Allow the width to be adjusted
I suspect that ai + aii + aiii + b would solve most cases (and avoid the complexities of aiv).
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build||2241|
||Items 1&2 fixed|
Verified most of the above in 2239 (only tested MD Dark skin). A couple of items remain:
3) Left-alignment of metadata is correct in most cases, but:
a) If the Artist-Title is short, then the Time/Maximize button/Close button aren't right-aligned
b) If the Artist-Title is long, then the text scrolls beyond the left margin (it goes right up to the Album art)
5) This is a nice-to-have: on hover of the buttons, it would be preferable if the 'square' around the button didn't become highlighted, but rather just the button itself would. If not trivial, then I'll create a new bug for 5.0.1.
Tested 2240. Everything looks good--just one more issue:
6) The first time after installation that the user clicks the Now Playing button in the miniplayer, the list opens up empty!