View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0016440||MediaMonkey 5||Extensions framework||public||2020-03-20 01:59||2021-11-08 15:41|
|Target Version||5.0||Fixed in Version||5.0|
|Summary||0016440: Extension installation: 'Restart' doesn't restart MM|
|Description||Updating an extension per the process below causes the Restart button to fail:|
1 Click Tools > Extensions > Add...
2 Choose MediaMonkey Codec Pack 3.0.2 from the local drive (3.0.1 is already installed)
--> The codec pack is installed and a notification appears instructing the user to restart the app
3 Click 'Restart'
--> Nothing happens!
4 Close MediaMonkey and then restart it manually
--> Codec pack was updated correctly (i.e. there wasn't a frozen process preventing the Restart)
Note: this was a portable installation
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build||2234|
I am unable to replicate steps in 2230-2232, but was able costantly to replicate in 2233. Especially in clean install.
1. Install 2233 Portable
2. Cancel inpmort MM4 and cancel First start wizard
3. tools -> Extensions -> Add -> Codec 3.0.2
4. Closed extensions dialog -> Restart -> Yes -> Nothing Happen
5. Closed MM5 (No restart log saved)
6. Started MM5
7. tools -> Extensions -> Add -> Codec 3.0.2
8. Closed extensions dialog -> Restart -> Yes -> Nothing Happen
9. Closed MM5 (No restart log 2 saved)
10. Compressed Portable folder with logs
11. Started 2230 existing installation
12. tools -> Extensions -> Add -> Codec 3.0.2
13. Closed extensions dialog -> Restart -> Yes
14. MM restarts normally -> Closed MM (compressed 2230 portable folder
Archives sent to Petr offline.
Great work, looks like working for me.
All OK closing