View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0014156||MediaMonkey 5||General||public||2017-03-29 15:01||2019-07-14 14:44|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0014156: Advanced Search usability improvements|
|Description||The Advanced Search is currently a bit hard to understand due to many controls there. Few tweaks:|
1. Hide 'Save as AutoPlaylist' button. Either to a '...' menu button to the top-right corner of this view, or as a Toolbar button for this view?
2. Do we need 'Limit to' and 'Sort by' sections in Advanced Search? Seem to clutter the view a bit. I understand that they are useful in case we want to Save the result as an auto-playlist, but this probably isn't a good enough reason for including them?
3. The 'value' part (3rd column) of each condition has a limited width. Instead, it could fill all the available space (which is wasted otherwise).
4. It's hard to assign the right-side icons to the correct left-side conditions on wider screens. It could be improved by adding mouse hover (even though it could still be an issue e.g. for Touch control).
5. Drop-downs should open right when its text is clicked. Currently after the first click the text changes to drop-down and then another click is needed to open it.
6. Bug: Click on the 'value' part (3rd column) - it changed to the editable state and then click the 'field' part (1st column) => there are 5 columns now shown instead of 3!
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build||2065|
||Fixed in 2065|
1. The Save icon now occupies whole line, I suppose that it would better be places on the main toolbar (where View Selector normally is).
7. Bug: Enter bps >= 192, then later click the '>=' to change it to '>' => the value 192 changes to 128! The same for other numeric components.
||Fixed in 2065|
Advanced Search is improved in newer version and its fixes covers this improvements also