View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0020012||MMA||Synchronization||public||2023-05-07 22:45||2023-06-19 23:08|
|Target Version||2.0.1||Fixed in Version||2.0.0|
|Summary||0020012: Episodic Podcasts display out of order (regression)|
|Description||In MMA 2 podcasts often display in an order that is unrelated to the desired playback order. To elaborate:|
- If a podcast is news-related and therefore configured to download the most recent episodes first (because older episodes are less relevant), then the podcasts display in MMA2 in Most-recent to least recently downloaded order as expected (both for the case of a user newly subscribing and syncing 10 episodes OR for an ongoing subscription in which one new episode is downloaded per day).
- if a podcast is episodic and therefore configured to download the oldest episodes first (because the user must listen to all episodes starting with the oldest and ending with the newest, then when the user initially subscribes and syncs (or subsequently syncs episodes), the tracks display in MMA2 starting with the newest and ending with the oldest making it a pain to listen to the content (since the user must manually initiate playback for the last track, then the second to last track, etc...)!!
|Additional Information||Reported at https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=104267|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build||1081|
||Fixed in build 188.8.131.521|
Tested build 1981 with 3 podcasts and it still doesn't work correctly in some cases. Tested with:
- The Leviathan chronicles (oldest first - 10 unplayed episodes) - http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheLeviathanChroniclesPodcasts
- Lore (oldest first - 5 unplayed episodes) - http://lorepodcast.libsyn.com\rss
- Slate magazine daily feed (recent first - 5 most recent) - http://feeds.feedburner.com/SlateMagazineDailyPodcast
And Sync settings for podcasts: Sync all
After performing a Wi-Fi Sync
1) Podcasts > Subscription > Lore : Episodes displayed Newest to Oldest!!
2) Podcasts > Subscription > The Leviathan Chronicles : Episodes displayed oldest to newest as expected
3) Podcasts > Subscriptions > Slate Magazine daily feed : Episodes displayed newest to oldest as expected
The user indicates that with 1086 all the podcasts are in the correct order.
I synced Lore (oldest first - 5 unplayed episodes) and tracks displayed in order
current ordering for podcast/media is year ASC, track ASC, date_release ASC, title ASC
I checked the DB and the order was determined by the 'year' attribute.
So it means, that I was unable to replicate your issue with Lore podcasts. If the issue still persists, please provide your database.
Note: ordering in 1.4.X was by track ASC only.
||Retested 1089 and I'm no longer able to replicate. Closing.|