View Issue Details
|0019523: Artwork/Lyrics lookup consistency / UI issues
|Currently (build 1030) when users manually lookup art/lyrics:
-They don't work consistently
. Art lookup is live / Lyrics lookup must be saved (and has Cancel/Search alternate options)
. Art lookup is via the magnifying glass / Lyrics lookup is via 'Search' text link
- Artwork lookup doesn't allow the user to choose from existing vs alternate options
- Both don't allow the user to edit the proposed option
- Lyrics lookup in particular can confuse users when the track advances resulting in the metadata being edited being for a different track than is displayed in the Player (so the user is unclear as to which track the updated lyrics are being applied to).
With the above in mind, I would suggest:
1) Lyrics search should replace 'Search for lyrics? [Search]' with a magnifying glass icon.
2) When the user clicks the Magnifying glass icon (for either Lyrics or Artwork) or the edit icon (for Lyrics), the resulting 'dialog' should take up the entire screen:
- so as to avoid confusion that occurs when there's a mismatch between the playing track and the metadata being edited
- so that in the future, these screens can be accessed from the Properties dialog as well
3) When the user clicks the 'Magnifying glass' icon for Artwork
a) several options should be shown in an image grid, and the user should be able to choose any one of them (live):
- No artwork
- Existing artwork (if it exists)
- Possible artwork images (3-4 options?)
b) the resulting dialog would
- Have an 'x' at the top of the screen to 'Cancel' the operation so that no change is made
- Briefly show a checkmark when the users chooses an image to use
- Have a magnifying glass to lookup additional alternatives
4) When the user clicks the 'Magnifying glass' or 'Edit' button for lyrics, in the resulting dialog would have:
- An 'x' at the top of the screen to 'Cancel' the operation so that no change is made
- A checkmark at the bottom to accept the change
- A magnifying glass to lookup alternatives
- An edit button to edit the looked-up lyrics
|Ticket 5339 reports that the 'edit' button is missing when lyrics are looked up and not found (same issue also occurs when they're looked up and not saved). Item 4) should fix this.
|No tags attached.
|Fixed in build