View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0015293||MediaMonkey 5||Main Panel: Toolbars & Menus||public||2018-12-29 02:45||2020-10-25 13:10|
|Target Version||5.0.1||Fixed in Version||5.0|
|Summary||0015293: Mouse (lasso) Selection fails in several cases|
|Description||In most views/nodes Mouse lasso selection do not work or it needs to be clicked/started in specific places which works occasionally:|
- Outside the list of tracks (below track listing White space)
- Browser to select icons
Expected to work very similar if not same like in MMW where click and drag on non text starts mouse selection mode.
This behavior is more consistent with Touch Mode rather than Desktop app
Video Is uploaded to FTP
|Steps To Reproduce||Easiest way to replicate is to use List views|
|Additional Information||Another feedback:|
- When dragging a rectangle from list view up to column filter, if I release my mouse in the column filter, then mouse down back to the list view, the drag-to-select mode is still active. I have to click again, which deselects the group of songs that was selected.
- When dragging up quickly, the top few tracks are missed (because the mouse moves off the list view before , so the selection is left incomplete
- If you are scrolled toward the bottom, then select a song, then scroll up, then begin drag-to-select, the scroll bar snaps back to the bottom and selects a bunch of songs; and the selection is all wacky and useless. https://puu.sh/G3DU3/8d4e5904a0.mp4 (You can't see when I have the mouse down or up in the video. You'd have to try it yourself to see what I mean.)
- Drag-to-select doesn't work when the initial click is below the lastmost song (when it's a small list that doesn't take up the whole screen) https://puu.sh/G3DXg/13e9f2394d.mp4 (I was clicking and dragging below, the list, but again, it's hard to convey it via video)
- When selecting several songs, the list of selected songs often flash for a few frames, which is very distracting and makes the experience feel less robust
- When dragging close to the top/bottom edges of the list view, to scroll up/down: Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it stops and starts randomly, and often it feels too fast. (I see that you accelerate it faster the closer you get to the edge, which is very good; Maybe the *initial* speed could be a bit lower to make it feel smoother.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build||2267|
To summarize (tested 2226), using the mouse to lasso multiple tracks works for regular tracklists, but not for:
2) In a regular tracklist when starting selection below the tracks
3/4) In a view that view that has a simple tracklist
5) Grid views (e.g. to select multiple videos/TV Series)
6) In List (by album) views e.g. Music > Albums [List (by album)]
Raising to 'Urgent' -- ideally this should be fixed for 5.0.
||lasso in grids: with grids it's a problem of missing or very tiny space between items so user have no space where to start selection (can conflict with D&D)|
items 2,3, 4 and 6 fixed
lowering priority and target to 5.0.1 as currently lasso is a bit problematic in grid views (no empty space between items where to start dragging etc.) and tracklist/simple tracklist are supported
||Tagging as resolved (in 2267) in order to trigger testing since almost all issues have been fixed. If it turns out that all items are in fact fixed, then whoever verifies the bug should open a new bug covering Lasso selection for Grid views so we don't lose track of that.|
I have not found any regressions and mouse (lasso) selection works. Grid future enhancement are added to 0017029