View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001765||MediaMonkey (current)||Properties/Auto-Tools||public||2005-01-28 14:08||2010-10-16 01:15|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||4.0|
|Summary||0001765: Auto-Tag from Amazon: generates incorrect Artist info for Various Artist CDs|
|Description||When Auto-Tag from Amazon successfully finds a match for a Various Artists CD, it tags:|
Artist as: Various Artists
Title as: <Artist> - <Title>
I don't know if there's any way around this since this is how Amazon returns the information, however, it seriously limits the utility of the feature for compilation albums.
MM should somehow be smart enough to realize that if all tracks on an Album are of the form Artist - Title, then it's a various Artists album, and:
-the Artist field should appear as Album Artist
-the Title field should appear as [ ] Titles - [ ] Artists
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build||1301|
||Item 2 at: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10522 describes some related information: whenever a Title contains a '-', the portion after the '-' isn't included.|
||Since Amazon returns track information as only single string, it's impossible to parse it properly in all cases. I.e. I think we have to keep it as is.|
Based on IM discussion with Rusty, it would probably be possible to implement it this way:
1. By default '-' won't terminate track title (as it currently does and because of this some title are incomplete).
2. If _all_ track titles returned from Amazon contain ' - ', it will be considered as mutli-artist album and as such:
2a. 'Artist(s):' string will be changed to 'Album Artist(s):'.
2b. Instead of '[ ] Tracks:', there will be '[ ] Tracks - [ ] Artists:' shown.
2c. On Auto-tag, the strings will be properly parsed (based on ' - ') and tagged to correct fields (i.e. Artist, Album artist and Title).
Assigning to Rusty for a review, please assign to Ludek then.
I'm re-opening it, because of some usability issues.
I have just tagged about 200 albums from amazon and in many cases there are multi-artist albums/compilations where all tracks are in the form <Title> -<Artist> except one or two and then it is annoying that such a albums are not considered as multi-artists albums although they should.
To prevent this I suggest to change the implementation slightly:
2. If > 50 % tracks titles returned from Amazon contain ' - ', it will be considered as mutli-artist album.
Peke has uploaded video related to this, see:
FTP /forLudek/Auto-tag from web issue/1230_Auto_Tag_From_WEB_Bug.wmv
1. What I wrote in the note 11240 can be seen when you seek the video to 2:50
There seem to be two other issues in addition to what I wrote in the note 11240
2. Searches with Diacritics do not work
3. In case of comilations like this with VA we should not use artist name (it is "VA" or "Various Artists"), but rather album name when initializing search automatically
3. That should also be used in Album is same for all tracks that initiated Auto Tag from Web (with exception where Album value is missing as that will be mostly the case when user selected bunch of tracks with no valid tags in try to do mass Auto tag from web) even Artists/Album Artist are not same.
Album field: Café del Mar, Vol. 5
Artist/Album Artist field on tracks:
01: Salt Tank
02: Floyd, Doc
03: Mertens, Wim
in this Example there is almost certainly all tracks are from same album even Album Artist is not VA (that is known issue we fix with "create Multi-Artist Albums..." option in Maintain Library) so in this case auto-tag should recognize it as Compilation.
||As discussed over IM, assigning to me to fix 1, 2, 3 as suggested.|
Fixed in build 1301.
It works much better for VA albums now.