View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0011016MediaMonkey (current)Synchronizationpublic2013-10-18 20:44
Reporterrusty Assigned To 
PriorityurgentSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
Status closedResolutionfixed 
Summary0011016: USB Sync: Renaming playlist yields strange confirmations
Description1 Create a playlist 'Playlist1'
2 Add 'Playlist1' to the auto-sync list
3 Auto-sync over USB
--> sync proceeds as expected
4 Change tracks in 'Playlist1' and Rename 'Playlist1' to 'Playlist2' in MMW
5 Autosync over USB
-->'Playlist1' appears checked in 'Files and playlists to delete from the device' (as expected), but 'Playlist: Playlist1' appears unchecked in 'New Files and playlists to copy from the device to the PC'. I don't know why it appears there, considering that the most recent edits were done on the PC.
-->Side note: After sync is completed, the playlist does not appear on the device after the first scan is completed (it takes several minutes and a couple of scans before it shows up).
TagsNo tags attached.
Fixed in build1665

Relationships

parent of 0011547 closedLudek MediaMonkey (current) Playlists already presented in MMA can result in duplicities in MMW 
parent of 0011564 closedLudek MediaMonkey (current) Hierarchical playlist sync is broken over USB 
related to 0009941 assignedmartin MediaMonkey for Android Sync with multiple MediaMonkey libraries (databases) 

Activities

Ludek

2013-08-15 14:47

developer   ~0037168

Assigned to me as USB sync is controlled by MMW

Ludek

2013-08-21 21:26

developer   ~0037224

Last edited: 2013-08-21 21:27

View 2 revisions

I added MMW.playlists.GUID field and fixed necessary stuff on MMW side in build 1654.

Nevertheless it still doesn't work, because MMA doesn't seem to use the MMA.playlists.GUID written by MMW, but creates new one when transfering playlist from mmstore.db.synced to mmstore.db

This needs to be fixed on MMA side.

marek

2013-08-24 12:59

developer   ~0037254

Last edited: 2013-08-24 13:03

View 2 revisions

Insert of correct GUID was fixed but there are still some issues on MMW side.

When playlist is renamed and USB sync proceed on MMW side, MMW stores /storage/.../Playlist2.m3u file BUT MMA obtain instruction to INSERT (should be UPDATE) Playlist1 (should be Playlist2) with path /storage/.../Playlist1.m3u. Guid is ok, but MMA inserts new playlist (Playlist1) with duplicate GUID. I think that old file (/storage/.../Playlist1.m3u) should be deleted by MMW too.

The result is that MediaStore scans newly created Playlist2.m3u and in MMA exist 3 playlists:

Playlist1 - old, origin playlist from first sync
Playlist1 - inserted in second sync according to MMW's instructions
Playlist2 - scanned by MediaStore

Ludek

2013-09-12 14:21

developer   ~0037484

Last edited: 2013-09-12 14:23

View 2 revisions

I fixed this in MMW build 1658,
- MMA now correctly updates the playlist path to /storage/emulated/0/Playlists/Playlist2.m3u and correctly shows only one playlist, but the playlist name remains still Playlist1 in MMA!

I would also need so that MMA could delete the old path (../Playlist1.m3u) when updating the path/name, because otherwise MMW would need to remember naming history for each playlist.

marek

2013-10-14 11:03

developer   ~0037892

Last edited: 2013-10-14 11:03

View 2 revisions

I have added deleting of playlist when path is changed to build 172.

But I cannot test it because there are some issues on MMW side, these issues occur also without changes in build 172:

1. After playlist is renamed to Playlist2, sync confirmation occurs with confirmation of Playlist1 deletion. This shouldn't occur, it should only update.

2. After sync, there are both playlists in MMW, Playlist1 and Playlist2 - both checked for autosync.

Ludek

2013-10-14 12:53

developer   ~0037893

Last edited: 2013-10-14 13:23

View 2 revisions

Fixed in MMW build 1665.

This issue still remains:
- MMA now correctly updates the playlist path to /storage/emulated/0/Playlists/Playlist2.m3u and correctly shows only one playlist, but the playlist name remains still Playlist1 in MMA!

marek

2013-10-14 14:25

developer   ~0037897

This issue is on MMW side. MMA takes the name from mmstore.db.synced where I found the old name, i.e. Playlist1.

Ludek

2013-10-14 15:08

developer   ~0037898

Fixed in MMW build 1665.

rusty

2013-10-18 16:18

administrator   ~0037951

Verified MMW 1665 / MMA 172

This now works correctly when doing a wi-fi sync (the user is prompted to delete the old playlist, and the new one is uploaded). However, when syncing via USB, Google's music app shows the updated playlist, but MMW doesn't.

I suspect that this issue is related to a failure of MMA to scan for updated playlists, so will track this separately.