View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0005043||MediaMonkey (current)||Main Panel/Toolbars/Menus||public||2008-12-15 22:03||2008-12-31 18:27|
|Target Version||3.1||Fixed in Version||3.1|
|Summary||0005043: Genre delete / refresh issue|
|Description||Reproduce as follows:|
1. Take any track, add genre "AAA" and "AAB" (my genre read: Rock; AAA; AAB)
2. Expand the "Genre" node
3. Find genre "AAB", and click on it. Hit F2, then delete, then press enter.
4. Click on Genre "AAA". It is now empty, though the original track is still tagged with AAA. Hit F2 on genre "AAA", delete, enter.
5. Collapse and expand the genre node again. AAA reappears with the track listed.
FYI: I tried to reproduce in the "Artist" node but it does not seem to be an issue there - seems only to affect the Genre node.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in build||1206|
||easily reproducible, and extremely confusing. Set to 'immediate'.|
||Fixed in build 1203.|
peke mentioned this might be the same issue, I am having a problem removing several items from the conductor & composer fields @ http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=181710#p181710
I can not remove either by using f2 & clearing the entry, or directly deleting the node from the tree, they keep returning when closing/expanding the node.
I have uploaded a database @ http://www.sendspace.com/file/jx2flg if it would be useful to try it directly.
|see my added note|
the specific entries I am trying to remove are:
iTunes v184.108.40.206, QuickTime 6.5
reference libFLAC 1.1.0 20030126
reference libFLAC 1.1.2 20050205
reference libFLAC 1.1.4 20070213
reference libFLAC 1.2.0 20070715
reference libFLAC 1.2.1 20070917
|I set related to http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5034 due to these entries were added to the database because of that issue.|
Fixed in build 1206.
- The were some incorrect links in the database, caused by some DB corruption. Hard to say, what was the source, since DB triggers should ensure consistency of this. However, I added a fix for this to DB Maintenance function, unused items are removed then.
|appears to be fixed, thanks|
-Incorrect metadata can be deleted
-Rescan doesn't yield incorrect metadata