View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0014032MediaMonkey (current)Burning / Disc Handlingpublic2017-05-03 16:21
Reporterrusty 
PriorityhighSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
Status feedbackResolutionopen 
Product Version4.1.15 
Target Version4.1.16Fixed in Version 
Summary0014032: Playing from UPnP to chromecast fails
DescriptionAttempts to play tracks from a UPnP server and cast them to a chromecast result in the following error:

"Skipped <TITLE>. It is unsupported by the receiver."

Moreover, this sometimes also causes playback to freeze for a period of time and/or access to the UPnP server to be lost for a period of time.

Additional Informationhttp://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=78395&start=45#p427231
TagsNo tags attached.
Fixed in build

Relationships

related to 0013976 closedrusty MediaMonkey for Android Chromecast connection repeatedly lost and recovered 

Activities

martin

2017-02-22 16:02

developer   ~0047318

It's working to me. Can you send debug logs. Thanks

rusty

2017-02-22 18:23

administrator   ~0047321

Play local content to chromecast: 44G1C5YZKL (success though toast re. lost connection appears)

Play beatles content via UPnP: IFZW9PDW4X (success)
Play beatles content via UPnP to chromecast: GSIFQ65VGE (failed)

martin

2017-02-24 13:28

developer   ~0047349

I can see in your log, that chromecast can't load media from upnp server.
Unfortunately I don't know reason.
Any track from MMW server doesn't play on your chromecast, right?
Maybe MMW denied access from your chromecast device.

I have tested it with MediaMonkey 4.1.15.1828 and Windows Media Player Sharing and it works to me.
Have you test it with some other Upnp server?

If it's not working with MMW server only, please generate debug log from MMW and assign the issue to Ludek.
Thanks.

rusty

2017-03-08 14:31

administrator   ~0047443

I'm unable to replicate with MMW 4.1.15.1830 vs MMA 1.3.0.677. Resolving for now.

rusty

2017-04-06 16:26

administrator   ~0047741

I tested this again with MMA 1.3.0.685 vs MMW 4.1.15.1830 and replicated the problem. Also, a user at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=87495 reported the problem.

Note:
- The playback failure occurs with all types of files (e.g. incl. MP3)
- chromecasting content directly from the device worked correctly. The problem is only when the source is the MMW UPnP server.
- attempting the same usecase with BubbleUPnP also fails, which would imply that the problem may be at the server side or with the chromecast device.

MMW log: posted to ftp
MMA log: ZGNB29DN98

Ludek

2017-04-06 17:22

developer   ~0047742

Last edited: 2017-04-06 17:48

View 5 revisions

In the log I see that two files were read at the same time:

\\192.168.0.147\puzzle\Music\Jethro Tull\The Very Best\10 - Jethro Tull - Bouree.mp3
BY 'stagefright/1.2 (Linux;Android 7.1.2)'
=> looks like Android read this MP3?

\\192.168.0.147\puzzle\Music\Billy Burnette\Memphis in Manhattan\12. Billy Burnette - Memphis Blues.flac
BY 'Apache-HttpClient/UNAVAILABLE (java 1.5)'
=> looks like Chromecast read this FLAC?

FLAC seems unsupported by Chromecast: https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/media

So you will need to set up the auto-convert rules for the Chromecast, this is related to 0013277 (that is on my TODO list)

EDIT: In both cases the client was 192.168.0.196 (i.e. Android) and thus it looks that Chromecast hasn't accessed it at all for some reason.

Ludek

2017-04-06 17:33

developer   ~0047743

Last edited: 2017-04-06 17:55

View 11 revisions

I've just tested the scenario (MMA 1.3.0.685) and it works fine for me, I successfully served MP3 from MMW server to my Chromecast using MMA as control point.

In my case the streamed file is accessed from two different IP addresses:
1) Chromecast from 192.168.1.104 as 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux armv7l) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.84 Safari/537.36 CrKey/1.22.79313'
2) MMA from 192.168.1.101 as 'Apache-HttpClient/UNAVAILABLE (java 1.5)'

EDIT: Tried FLAC file and also works fine for me (is auto-converted to MP3 and played by Chromecast)

Ludek

2017-04-06 18:06

developer   ~0047744

Last edited: 2017-04-06 18:08

View 2 revisions

Is casting from the PC to Chromecast working?
Maybe there is a IP address mismatch , but cannot say more ATM.
Maybe you changed IP address from 'Automatic' to something else? Ensure that Automatic choice is set and if that doesn't help then try the other IPs to see whether it helps?

Ludek

2017-04-06 19:09

developer   ~0047745

Rusty indicated that direct cast from MM5 > Chromecast is working and based on the logs the IP:port in both cases was http://192.168.0.211:62514/ so IP mismatch isn't the issue. To find more...

rusty

2017-04-07 00:10

administrator   ~0047748

Did more testing:
BubbleUPnP --> MM5 --> Chromecast: fail
Localcast --> MM5 --> Chromecast: fail
BubbleUPnP/Localcast/MMA --> WMP --> Chromecast: fail
MMA --> NAS --> Chromecast: success

This basically confirms that either a firewall setting or something in the network topology is preventing the chromecast from playing content from the desktop running MM5.

I'm going to investigate further based on:
https://techtourguide.wordpress.com/2015/01/15/optimizing-wireless-network-for-chromecast/